"How sheltering and clear
the window seems, the dry fireheat
inside, and outside the gray
downpour. As the man works
the weather moves
upon his mind, its dreariness
a kind of comfort."
from Window Poems by Wendell Berry, #6
I have really enjoyed reading this and other poems from Window Poems. The thing about W.B. is that you get a strong sense of who he is in his poetry, his fiction, and his essays. They all fit so well together.
(And check out podso's window post today- also a nice fit!)
It is cool and rainy here. I like these sorts of days, usually. Right now I am ready for a break. Most of us here today are starting to get on each others' nerves, and I mean that in the nicest way! So, we have scattered for quiet times and naps and will hopefully regroup in an hour or so. We did make some cookies- that always brightens things a bit.
We made smores in the fire pit last night. These two were waiting- wonder what they were talking about...


3 comments:
LOL I almost posted that same poem with my window post! I have a couple of windows open just now, letting in the sound of gentle rain and the cool (albeit damp) air.
61 degrees. Love it!
Love the poem and the picture!
love the picture! your kiddos are cute =)
Post a Comment