Alright, Amanda. Here it is. In all it's yummy goodness.
Our strawberries were quickly ripening and getting soft. We froze a bunch, ate a bunch, and still had some left.
Time for strawberry pie.
Kayla made the crust, mostly by herself, from a recipe given to her from her Uncle Mike last Christmas. It's a recipe his grandmother used. Let me say- easy and delicious.
We kind of used a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book but had to tweak it. I didn't have quite enough berries for the glaze so I substituted blueberries.
That's where I get the "two-berry pie." ( I don't know why that makes me laugh but it does.)
It was really, really good.
I wish I could share a piece with ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Mouth watering!!! :)
Yum-O! Just yesterday we harvested our first crop of blueberries, I didn't even take a picture. We just ate them right up!
Nothing says Summer like fresh strawberry pie, and yes, I wish you could share a piece!
Post a Comment