Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Some Summer in the Backyard

Is it just me?
Is anyone else so glad it's summer??
My heart is a little lighter.  I am a little more relaxed, enjoying the freedom from school right now, the time to get a few things done, and a chance to enjoy being outside.
There are lots of things growing in the yard this year.  I'd really like to buy out the local nurseries!
While we were in Ohio, our green beans came up.  When we left, there wasn't anything above ground.  A few days later, voila!
This is the first year the hydrangea bloomed.  In the past couple of years, deer have eaten the blooms.  Don't know why they have left it alone this year.  I love walking by this one!
Impatiens are one of my favorite flowers but we have very little shade in our back yard.  I put a few in pots and set them around the yard in the shadiest spots.  (like in that first picture)
Another favorite thing:  these hummingbirds that are coming around.  It seems like there are only two but we see them more and more.

2 comments:

podso said...

I think homeschoolers enjoy summer (at least the moms) more than most people! Enjoy! Your kids will love harvesting the garden. BTW we had a coyote here yesterday...spotted by our neighbor, not me thankfully!

Unknown said...

Love the hydrangea! Mine bloomed this year too, mostly pink, love it.