The little monkeys in this book are named Cheeky and Chee. That's enough for us right there. Sammy laughs at this one every time and Lucy loves to say Cheeky and Chee. This is a short, simple, rhyming story about the monkeys' adventures.
I read this book to Lucy over and over when she was a baby and we still read it now. All the babies in the book might be from different parts of the world, but they all have ten little fingers and ten little toes. Sweet, sweet book.

I think this is one of my all time favorites. The little boy on the cover lives next to an "old people's home" and knows all the residents. He hears his parents talking about "memories" and asks them the question, "What is a memory?" He makes it his mission to find memories for his closest "old" friend who has lost hers. I get a lump in my throat every time. Sammy always asks me to read this one again. A treasure.


1 comment:
Thanks for reminding me of Mem Fox. I know we've enjoyed her books in the past, but I need to revisit some of them. I'm so glad you linked up to RAT today.
Post a Comment