Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Afternoon

I just poured myself a Dr. Pepper (a rare treat) in a coffee mug- trying to avoid the questions and stares associated with something mom has and kids don't!
Lucy has been taking three hour naps lately- summer heat?  She's so happy when she wakes up in the afternoons.  Kayla and Sam are playing in the basement and Jack is listening to a book on cd.  It is so quiet...
I am on day 3 of pink eye- in both eyes now.  Gross.  A minor irritation but aggravating just the same.  Really hoping and praying that it stops with me.  Kayla and Lucy are flower girls in a wedding this weekend and Brian is officiating.  His first!  We don't want red goopy eyes for a wedding.  Can't wait for this one- such a great couple getting married!
The kids signed up for the summer reading program yesterday.  Here, you keep track by the half-hour and get prizes at 5, 10, 15, and 20 hours.  Jack and Kayla set the timer this morning for two hours.  They read, non-stop, for the whole time.  Then they went up to do legos and listen to a book on cd for another hour and a half.  I think they want to finish the whole program this week.  Guessing they'll slow down soon but it sure made for a peaceful morning.
Last thing- a few weeks ago my dad mentioned using epsom salt (along with some other things) on his tomato plants.  My uncle told him to try it.  Then I found this article on using epsom salt on almost all your plants.  Supposed to do wonder for them.  I'll let you know!

2 comments:

podso said...

Oh gee, so sorry about the eyes. I've sent the epsom salt straight on to the gardener. Wonderful wedding ahead of you!

Thanks for prayers.

BTW I am so excited, borrowed my first online book ever, and its the Castle --just had a yearning to reread. I knew you did that so tried.

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about the pink eye. Wish I knew of a miracle cure. When I was 4 I was flower girl in my mom's wedding to my step-dad and I had the chicken pox! Our dresses were peach and I was covered in pink calamine lotion!

Will pray for quick recovery. :)