Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon

I can't believe how cool it is outside for late June!  A nice treat, especially for Summer Bible Camp week- the kids aren't worn out from the heat yet.  I hear it's coming, though.
Jack and Kayla are visiting with friends this afternoon.  Lucy is napping and Sammy is listening to My Father's Dragon on cd for his quiet time.  I'm enjoying the peace.
During lunch I mentioned to Sam that maybe a nap would help him to have a "happier" afternoon.
His reply:  "Nonsense!"
What?
He's picked up several new words lately- I think it must be the stories he's been listening to.  A couple others I've heard have been "evidently" and "supposedly."  Cute.
I know this picture is pretty dark but I love the story behind it.
I walked upstairs one evening and heard this, in a soft voice:
"Shhh...  It's alright.  Shh...You're ok."
And there was Kayla, swaying back and forth with Lucy, who woke up for some reason.
It was pretty sweet.

1 comment:

podso said...

Yes wonderful weather! And wonderful little mama!