Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Two Months to Go

There has been more than one reminder that today, we are two months away from the first Sunday service of Providence Presbyterian.
Not that I needed a reminder.  Things are getting busy.  There are beginning to be the "lasts..."
People ask me all the time how I'm feeling about the church plant.  While I don't want to take them on a rabbit trail to answer the question, the trail seems appropriate because it reminds me of God's faithfulness. It's good to remember what He's done because it reminds us of who He is.

I think it was the summer of 2004 when Brian and I started talking about going to seminary.  Through different means, God seemed to be leading us in this direction.  Jack was three, Kayla was a year and a half old.  We really liked where we lived.  We really liked our church.  It was not easy to think about moving to a big city- further from our families, further from friends to a place where we didn't know anyone.
Eventually, we sold our house (in just 3 days), packed up, said good-bye.
I cried.  A lot.
The first year was not easy.  But we always could look back and remind each other that we believed God had paved the way.  We trusted, obeyed, and stayed (sometimes I really wanted to leave!).
He gave us good, faithful friends.
We found a new church, had our second miscarriage, explored a new city, began homeschooling.
Sammy was born!
We saw God provide financially over and over, said good-bye to new friends, learned more about ourselves, persevered when we (I) wanted to quit, grew as a family, and I could go on.
**Not to mention, what a gift to see your husband study and learn and be in his element- to be able to do what God has gifted him to do.**
As I look back, it is easy to see God's care and blessing.
He provided in every way, all the way.
So now, there are times when I have a pit in my stomach (what are we doing???) and times when I am ready to jump in with both feet yesterday!
I don't know what tomorrow holds, or next year.
But I am convinced that God will provide yet again.
That is what He does.

"He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."  1 Thessalonians 5:24

3 comments:

podso said...

You have such a way with words! And Faithful is HE who has called you! Looking forward with you!

melissa said...

One step at a time...you sound good. :)

Patricia said...

that's so encouraging! one day at a time =) we're praying for you guys.