I was feeling a little fried by lunchtime today. I love this business of mothering but sometimes it plain wears me out. We all had an extended quiet time and I am refreshed.
I set out two jars for sun tea- one for later and one because I didn't want to wait until later. I think I'm addicted to it- with lemon, mint, whatever.
The deer and I are not on good terms. They got into our green beans earlier in the week. They also chewed down my potted impatiens- which were so pretty. Each morning I'm finding something else they've been nibbling on. I guess it's hard to be too, too mad since one has a baby following her around but it would be nice if they'd go snack somewhere else.
Been doing some rearranging this week. Every once in a while I get an itch to move some sort of furniture. I think I'm settled with what we moved.
A couple of thoughts on this little girl.
This picture sums her up- a baby and a sword. She's happy being sweet to her dolls or chasing her brothers around the house with an intense look on her face. Yesterday things got a little too quiet and Kayla found her painting her finger nails. With red nail polish. Once it all wore away from her skin her nails didn't look half bad.
It's been a while since I heard this but we were in the car and she said to Jack, "What's up dude?" That gave us all a good laugh.
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Fingernail painting? That girl has style! And the deer ... sounds like you need to cut some hair out in your yard. That works for us. Sprinkle it around where it's needed! Or raid a beauty salon.
Post a Comment