Sam brought the mail in and put it on the dryer. It was a while before I noticed it there. As I flipped through the pile, I saw handwriting. A letter! Addressed to me from a dear friend. We lived together for several years after I graduated from JMU.
I got myself settled, ready to read. And it was a good letter. Those don't come too often.
But what was tucked inside- another letter, one I must have left behind, maybe 15 years old. A letter from my Grandma.
She is still living and for that I am so thankful but this letter is like a treasure from a time long gone. One I did not know I was missing. And I tell you, I feel like a rich woman having it in my hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a thoughtful friend. Settling down to read it ... Never quite like that with an email!
Post a Comment