Our church held its annual Women's Retreat this weekend. It is always a sweet time. This one a little sweeter for some reason. It's the last retreat before the church plant gets under way. Being all together was a gift.
Getting away, somewhat out in the middle of nowhere, even for a short while, is always good.
Good talks with friends.
Good food.
Good singing.
Even frogs. Yes, in the building. I realized I like to listen to peepers but sharing space with them, or whatever kind of frogs they were- not so much.
The topic of the weekend, encouragement. We all need that, don't we?
Just a few things I walked away with:
*True encouragement is anything that helps one be satisfied in God.
*Every situation is beyond me. In my hands, there's a good chance I will make a mess of things. Nothing is beyond God.
*Pray for wisdom and expect an answer.
Thankful for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds like such a refreshing time. And you are back already...
Post a Comment