"Yes, Kayla?"
"How many more Sundays do we have left at Grace Covenant?"
For a moment I could not answer.
Partly because I had to do a rough calculation! (20ish)
Partly because my emotions rest at the surface lately where the church plant is concerned.
Mostly, though, because her question took me by surprise, showed me a little of what's going on in her heart, and made me consider something I don't like to think about.
Loss.
I love our church.
It has been a place of grace, love, and growth in the gospel for us, in many ways like no other. We love the people. Our kids have been well loved there. We are blessed that we have something to lose, to miss. Wouldn't it be sad to not miss our church family when we leave???
And- leaving is not safe.
It is risky.
But that means it must be done out of faith and that is a good place to be. Faith not in ourselves but in the God whom we believe is calling us to plant a new church.
Will it be hard?
Yep.
Will it be a lot of work?
Sure will.
Will it hurt sometimes?
Oh yes.
(Kayla's next question was "Can Geneva please come with us?" How we all will miss some dear people.)
Will it be worth it?
Absolutely.
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all time, you may abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8


4 comments:
What an emotional post! And I agree, can Geneva come with us?
wow, thanks for sharing! i can only imagine what you are feeling. we'll be praying for you and brian, and the families that are planting with you!
We've missed Grace so much lately but God reigns and to Him be the glory. :) Julian and I are both very excited about your plant and we are praying for you and keeping informed through all kinds of connections!
That just brought tears to my eyes! Kayla is the sweetest thing ever. Love ya'll!
Post a Comment