Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Decade

Sometimes I don't even know what to say.  How did you go from this little baby with a head full of black hair to this guy, 10 years old.  A decade has passed.  When did that happen?
I do love watching him grow.  He is who he is.  A reader, always.  Legos, soccer, being outside with his friends.  Making us laugh.  Irritating his sister (I had to throw that in).  These are the things that we think of when it comes to Jack.
Other things make me need to take a deep breath, remind me to take it all in while I can.  In another 10 years, might he be gone from here?  Gone to college somewhere?  The time is short.  So short.  If he can go so quickly from the cuddly baby content in my arms to the boy who quickly hugs and is off to the next thing, I can't even think how fast the rest will go.  I pray for this one, as I do all of them, trusting that the God who made him so fearfully and wonderfully will keep him and guide his steps all of his days.
Happy 10th Birthday, Jack!  You are loved.

3 comments:

podso said...

These are probably the best years of your life!

I can't believe all the black hair! And the huge bag of cereal ! I love that tradition you have! Have a great day! We're heading up to Bonnie's second son's wedding this afternoon. :-)

melissa said...

Oh, and right on the heels of another b'day at your house. Cute that he looks the same as when he was a baby...the eyes. But black hair to blonde? My, my. :)

Patricia said...

this was so beautiful danielle! time really does fly, doesn't it? happy birthday to jack!