Monday, March 26, 2012

The Plants

  
So here is the beginning of our garden.  Right now we have 30 plants growing.  A few need to be separated.  We have 18 more that have just been planted in the last few days so they haven't germinated yet.  These plants are kind of a nice distraction.  The kids help water them and I spend a good bit of time turning them and moving them to be sure they're all getting enough light.  Kind of fun.
The Plant Sitter: Zion, Gene; Graham, Margarett Bloy (illustrator)

It reminds me of a book I loved when I was a kid.  I have a copy of it somewhere (and have had it since second grade) but I haven't seen it in a while, meaning a few years.  Hopefully it's in a box somewhere because when I was looking around for an image of it, I saw that it's a good $20 for a used paperback copy.  And the prices went way up.  If your library has it, get it.  It's a good one.
Looking forward to a slow week- no CC prep anymore!  And to a baby shower this weekend for my newest nephew- due the end of next month!
Enjoy the day!

No comments: