The house is messier than usual.
The laundry is piling up.
The counter is covered in dishes.
My kids are crazier than usual today.
Clearly we are back to school and the days are filling up. It's good, right? I just need to adjust chores and schedules and figure out how to get on top of all this.
We'll be back to Classical Conversations tomorrow so I am spending the next couple of hours planning, making sure backpacks are ready, etc...
But first, here's a quick update on life the past few days.
We took a trip to our "new" and "old" libraries this week. I tell you, my heart beats a little faster when I start pulling good books off the shelves. Per suggestions from a reading list I found, we are trying The Borrowers, The Happy Hollisters and the Castle Rock Mystery, several books on Ancient Egypt, and more. Jack found some more books about Eleanor Estes's "Moffats." Kayla found more Nancy Drew to listen to while she does puzzles. I also found some picture books by Beverly Cleary for Sam and Lucy. I didn't know she had picture books out. Cute stories.
This has been a familiar scene after breakfast this week: Kayla listening and doing a puzzle, Lucy sitting on the table with her playing with "shapes." I don't know why I love this so much but I do.
This week's presentation topic at CC is to tell about something that's special to you. The older kids are starting off easy! At first Jack had a hard time coming up with an idea and then it came to him: Lucy. Here he is making a few notes about her. It was fun to hear him laugh as he told stories about her. So glad he loves his baby sister.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I like your first sentence, about the messy house. I have a niece by marriage who's going to homeschool their 7 year old this year for the first time. They have 2 younger girls as well. Anyway, she's a high-achiever type, who surrounds herself with similar high-achievers. She's determined to keep the house spotless while homeschooling.
I say 'more power to her'...and the reality might be a bit different than what's in her head! :)
Post a Comment