Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Morning

I'm trying to think of a clever way to describe the busyness but it's not coming to me!
My head is swimming with all the things I could/should be doing.
I have lots of sticky notes laying around that I may or may not find when I need them
.
*There's getting ready for school in a few weeks.  We got our box of curriculum "stuff" yesterday.  Sammy was especially excited since this year, there are things for him.  Kindergarten.  He hugged his math and phonics books and said, "Mom!  This is so awesome!"  We went shopping and got some binders, notebooks, etc...  I think everyone's going to be ready to get started again.

*There's also Classical Conversations to prepare for.  I  had hoped to have my first six weeks planned out by now.  I've got one.

*And then there's church plant.  I'd like to have a bird's eye view of all the people involved and what they're doing every day.  I'm heading out shopping this morning to try and gather the last (haha) bit of supplies we need for children's ministry and a few other things.  We'll see.

*Today, there's some house cleaning to do, shopping, picking up chickens, going to a wedding (!), and then to more of Brian's 20 year high school reunion.  Should be a fun day.  The kids spent last night with Brian's mom and dad and will be with them again this evening.  We are surely thankful for that!

Here are some pictures from the week.  Too many fun ones not to post.
Ice cream with good friends
and plenty of toppings.
Gymnastics continues.
A hard, fast rain left water standing in the yard.  
Boys + Mud= Fun
More puzzles and listening.
One of her many faces.
Another crazy face on a dirty, sweaty boy.
Flowers from my one flower garden.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I especially like it when you show up in photos. And am I seeing your face in your oldest daughter's? Looks like it!

Take care and take some time for yourself. Don't burn out, sweet thing. :)