Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Future Olympians?

I've never been much of an athlete but when I was little, in my imagination, I was as good as any Olympian.
I remember doing turns and flips (pitiful as they were) and somehow thinking they were impressive. Of course there was an invisible audience who cheered my every move.
These days, the older kids are having a great time watching the Olympics.
My Kayla is very into the gymnastics.
She knows the names of all the girls on the team.
She wears her hair the way at least one of the gymnasts does, in a pony tail with these particular bows holding back the loose pieces.
She reads books on gymnastics and tries to copy the moves.
All the kids spend a good bit of time flipping on couch cushions they've laid out on the floor.  Or, they hang upside down on the playground and wow their own audience.
I love watching them.  (Well, until they get mad because someone crashed into them or took too long on their turn.)
Such fun.
I foresee some gymnastics classes in our future.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kayla - who is your favorite gymnast? I've been staying up way too late watching all of the women's gymnastics. I like Gabby a lot, she seems to fly through the air.