Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Few Things About Lucy

This morning, I've been doing things like cleaning out the refrigerator, organizing cabinets, and spraying down the trash can.  Little things that don't take long at all but tend to overwhelm me when I think of them all together.  Feels good to have a few chores checked off.  We got a good bunch of green beans and some tomatoes from the garden this morning, too.  The tommy-toes are good but so small this year.

There are a few things I need to "jot" down about Lucy.  That girl is something else.  She's spent a good bit of time on the couch looking at books and listening to some music.
She has heard her siblings spell out their requests enough that now she's got her own system.
She'll whisper in my ear, "Mom, abcdefg?"
Love that one.
Lucy has this thing about deodorant lately.  I found her rubbing Chapstick under her arm.
Won't be using that one again!
She has quite the temper but is such a delight when she's happy.  
We all love Lucy's hugs and kisses- even her oldest brother who doesn't like either from anyone else.

No comments: