Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Cake

As my kids say, "Oh yeah baby!"
It's my birthday today and that means it's time for the once-a-year-only Chocolate Caramel Cake.
My favorite.
My mom made this for me a few years ago because she knows how much I like caramel and chocolate.  I've made it every year since.
Chocolate Caramel Cake

50 caramels
3/4 cup butter
 1/2 cup evaporated milk
Melt together and set aside.

Chocolate cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips
Pecans (I don't include these.)
Mix a chocolate cake mix according to directions.  Preheat oven according to cake mix.

Pour half of cake mix in bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Bake 15 minutes and take out.
Smooth caramel mixture evenly over top.  Sprinkle with pecans (if you'd like).  Pour remainder of cake mix on and sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips over entire cake.  
Bake another 15-25 minutes more.

1 comment:

podso said...

I think I'm beginning to believe in making ones' own birthday cake!