Here we are at Brian's 20th high school reunion.
Let me just say, it was a lot of fun, and it was very interesting.
They had a candy table full of the flavors of the day, which would have been 1992: Spree, Nerds, Pop Rocks, Atomic Fire Balls, candy cigarettes, Blow Pops, etc...
That alone brought back memories.
There were copies of senior portraits on all the tables. Amazing how all those girls looked just like the girls in my high school yearbook. Our hair! What were we thinking???
Of course it was fun to meet some of Brian's friends and hear a few stories. I also noticed the first time you reconnected with someone or saw them across the room, you refer to them by their first and last name. Always.
It was amusing to watch people's expressions when Brian told them he's a pastor and when he said we have four kids.
The best part for me, however, was the array of hits from the late 80s and early 90s. Particularly when a certain song was played (I can't remember what it's called right now) and my husband heads to the empty dance floor with purpose. Purpose, I tell you. Most everyone noticed and cheered him on. I had no idea what he was getting ready to do. Apparently it stemmed from a high school tradition so when he pointed at a pretty big guy across the room and that guy ran to the dance floor and body slammed Brian, no one was surprised and everyone LOVED it.
Awesome.
Can't wait for the next one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I want to come to your reunions! They sound a lot more fun than ours. Was it "Paradise City" by G&R?
hahaha, that sounds like a good time! looking forward to hearing stories of your next reunion! =)
How fun!
Too funny! I really want to hear more about that body slamming tradition! Did anybody get that on video?
Post a Comment