Thursday, August 2, 2012

Anne of Green Gables

Product Details
"I never heard of company going home without tea!"
from Anne of Green Gables

One of the best things about being mom to kids who love books is discovering new stories with them- stories I haven't read.
I am excited about this one.
I had never even heard of Anne of Green Gables until college.
We listened to the BBC production of this treasure yesterday afternoon.
Two and a half hours of listening, dishes, and puzzles later, we were both hooked.
Last night, we bought our own hardback copy and will get started on it together today.
Kayla's response when I asked her what she thought about Anne:
"She is very talkative!"
Looking forward to enjoying this read aloud with Kayla and anyone else who wants to listen.

Linking Up to Read Aloud Thursdays      

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

So fun! I love Anne of Green Gables! Sure you & Kayla will have fun with this series.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Oh, I fell head over heels for Anne of GG when I was about twelve. You're in for a treat! :-)

Mary Prather said...

this book is a TREASURE! I know you'll love it! have fun!