Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Seven Wonders

The Seven Wonders of Sassafras SpringsWe started reading The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs together in the mornings.  I am really enjoying it- the kids are, too.  It's funny and keeps you wanting more.  The author is a great storyteller.  There are a very few things I have skipped over as I read- one of the benefits of being the one to read it!  And, it has piqued our interest in the real Seven Wonders of the World so we are studying those a bit now.
One thing I can't do is read everything my kids read, as much as I'd like to.  I just don't want them putting junk into their heads where there's so much good stuff out there, and they read a lot.  So I rely heavily on recommendations from friends and homeschool catalogues.  They usually have book lists by age/grade, and I always find titles I haven't heard of.  
At this point on a Tuesday I need to be straightening up and getting ready for home group.  So, off I go.
My one shot of them all together on Easter morning.
I love it!
I love them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love their pic! I wish I could personally meet your kids. You such an excellent Mommy!!!\Linda

podso said...

Nice smiles!

melissa said...

Such sweet little buttons. :)