And I read this article. (It's really good- read it!)
I am becoming more and more convinced that my "bad" days, the days when I identify so well with the Calgon lady, are almost always, at least in some way, a result of my sin.
Mine.
Is my frustration or anger really because one of the kids is being disobedient or grumpy or needy? Might they even just be being children? Is it because there is so much laundry piling up? Or because of the mess I can't seem to get control of?
If I'm honest, I know that usually my frustration is that my plan, my time, is being interrupted and I don't like it.
I don't want to sacrifice.
I don't want to lay down my book, look away from the computer, get off the phone.
I want things my way and don't mess with me. I can make things sound much more sophisticated than that but...that pretty much sums it up.
Of course discipline and relationships and circumstances can be hard. I think sometimes they are meant to be- for a purpose- to depend on Him. I don't know that just "looking on the bright side" and being happy quite gets it. That's not even the point of life, is it?
The point is trusting God to provide for whatever I need this day, which He has promised to do.
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.'"
2 Corinthians 12:9
Do I need a break sometimes? Sure.
Do we need to faithfully discipline and care for our children? Of course.
But more than anything, I need to rest and trust and humble myself.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7


No comments:
Post a Comment