Monday, April 30, 2012

This and That

Every once in a while Lucy gets really quiet and I find her somewhere with a few books.  This was one of those times.  Cute.
Today has been pretty good so far-  an early breakfast (6:30) with a friend at Panera and a morning walk with the kids.
STILL waiting for my nephew to be born.  I'm thinking tomorrow.  I'm sure his mama is hoping today.
I just took the mop to our dirty floor and need to get going on other things but it is awfully quiet around here at the moment- a good time to sit for a few minutes.

I've been looking at books/curriculum from Ambleside- any thoughts?  We don't need a total change but just something to freshen things up.  I like the sound of their philosophy and the fact that many of the books they recommend are old- tried and true, quality literature.

A professor from our church had the opportunity to interview Marilynne Robinson (wow!) two weekends ago, which got me to thinking about her book Home.  I started my reread of it last night.  Such a good book- read it if you haven't.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

melissa said...

I think Ambleside is a good place to look...Charlotte Mason things are always a treat.