Saturday, April 7, 2012

Getting Ready

Just finished putting together little treats for Easter baskets.  I love doing that.
We have been busy today.  Yard sale this morning, shopping for Easter dinner this afternoon.
Then dinner, haircuts for these boys, baths, and coloring eggs.
Laying out new dresses.
Reading and talking and wondering about an empty tomb.
Preparing to celebrate!

To backtrack:
For some reason, Thursday was a particularly good day.  I took some pictures as the day went on.
A cool, rainy day- just what I like when I can stay home.
More plants growing, slowly taking over our sunniest windows.
She calls him "Jacky" and he doesn't mind one bit.  He bribes her for hugs, usually with clementines.
Girls in new colorful clothes.
He is so proud of himself.  He writes all the time.
I am possibly addicted to Starburst jelly beans.  I won't say how many bags I've bought in the last few weeks.  I will say it's too many.
I got a letter in the mail, quite by surprise, that made me smile.  A lot.  So much the kids were begging to know what was in it.


We wrapped up our day at the Maundy Thursday service.  The songs, the truth, the somberness all gave me chills.
It was a good way to end a good day.

No comments: