Sunday, February 27, 2011

Favorite Smells

This morning we had to tell our three favorite smells.  I don't know why but when you get a bunch of women together- well, you just never know.  It was fun to hear everyone's.  And to hear memories associated with some.
Here are mine:
1.  Petunias on late summer evenings-  for some reason it always reminds me of my mom.
2.  Freshly cut grass
3.  Bread baking in the oven
I couldn't stop at three.
4.  The smell of the house when the windows are open
5.  Coffee when you first break the seal
6.  Newborn babies
7.  Spring rain
What are some of yours?

3 comments:

melissa said...

Sheets dried out on the line, freshly cut lemons, a baby's drooly neck (I really miss this one!) :)

Angie said...

Woodsmoke hanging in the air on a crisp fall night, baby magic baby lotion (I miss this one!), wet grass after a thunderstorm, lilacs, cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven, horses. :)

Anonymous said...

after a rainstorm, baking brownies, onions, lemon....