Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Taking 5

I like to reserve this cup for quiet moments in my day.  Which means I don't get it out too often.  (Smile)
It's so pretty and reminds me of some Charlotte friends.  In particular, a book club I attended just once but thoroughly enjoyed.
The day has not been quiet nor peaceful.
I thought I'd take five.
So, I got out my castle cup this afternoon along with a book I'm reading.
When I made my coffee, it was quiet.
When I took the picture, it was quiet.
When I sat down to enjoy both coffee and book, it was no longer quiet.
I waited too long.
No matter.  I enjoyed my coffee anyway and will get to the book tonight after everyone is sleeping soundly.

3 comments:

podso said...

I love my castle cup too; it always brings pleasant memories. That was such a fun thing that happened. Dear Melissa was the beginning of it all I think!

Someday you will have more than five minutes of quiet. Then you'll miss the noise. But I do remember wondering if I'd ever get that quiet. :-) It comes.

melissa said...

You're reading 'When Crickets Cry' aren't you? I got that one not long ago. :)

Enjoy your quiet. I know exactly what you're talking about, and you're very clever to have a special cup for those times.

Jenny and Andy Benson said...

Oh this makes me miss you! I just read "I Capture the Castle" again recently, and it hasn't lost a bit of its magic. Thanks for introducing me!
Love you, friend!