I thought I was going to be free of this cold everyone's had for a couple of weeks but I think I'm getting it. Drats.
I did some rearranging today in our school/play/everything room. I just can't get it the way I want it. Maybe this time will take.
A couple of Sammy-isms from today:
I was pushing him on the swing (enjoying another warm February day). As he got higher and higher, he called out "Oh yeah baby!" Ha. That made me laugh.
Then after dinner, he was really sticky with syrup. (I usually make pancakes when Brian's gone). He said, "Wow, Mom. We have to wash me up!" Yep.
And this I love. Lately he's been asking me all kinds of questions when I put him to bed. When will we go to heaven? How will we get there? Will Jesus bring a car? And usually some version of this:
Mom, why because God made me?
I always stop on that one.
He can give you the catechism answer. For His own glory.
And to that I say Amen.
But how do you wrap all of what God did when he made that little boy into an easy answer?
I can't.
So I give him a little at a time, the best I can. But I always tell him that I am so thankful God did choose to make my Sam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment