Thursday, February 24, 2011
Sammy's 4
I woke up a little before 6:30. I was hungry so I fixed a bowl of Rice Krispies and turned on "Little House on the Prairie."
Brian had a 7:00 meeting so he was up and about.
Then I felt the first one.
Contraction? Yes.
Five minutes later, another one.
I was so glad Brian hadn't left yet.
We started getting ready.
Soon Kayla and Jack woke up and we told them the baby's coming today!
I remember Jack followed me around and everytime another contraction came, he yelled to Brian, "Contraction!!!"
Around 8:00 Brian took the kids to stay with some seminary friends of ours. We headed to the hospital when he got back. He remembers looking at the clock when we got there.
8:38.
At some point that I don't clearly remember, the nurses kicked it into high gear.
At 9:14, our Sammy was born.
8 pounds of pure boy.
Quick. Intense.
That was my labor and in some ways, that's our Sam, too.
He's four today and I can hardly believe it. He's a dear little boy who keeps us laughing. When I say he's always into something, I mean he's always into something.
We all love this little guy.
Happy Birthday Sam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
AWWW! Happy Birthday, Sam!
Happy birthday Sammy!
Why does this post bring tears? And, how cool of your home group friend to come in "character" to the party?
Post a Comment