Lucy woke up a little earlier than we would have liked.
She usually rests on her daddy's shoulder when that happens but on this morning I wondered if I might have that treat.
I did.
She rested her little head on my shoulder and reached up to play with my hair.
I closed my eyes, listening to her breath, catching a few more minutes of quiet with her before our day began.
After a few minutes I realized her hands were still. She was back asleep.
So we rested.
At 7:00, when Sam is allowed to come out of his room, he tiptoed into ours.
He rubbed Lucy's back with his little hand and watched her open her eyes.
He whispered to me.
"Mommy, do you know what I like? I like being Lucy's big brother."
Oh sweet boy. I'm so glad you do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yep - gotta write that stuff down! SO sweet...that, and it helps on the days when it seems no one likes one another :)
Sooo sweet .... happy valentine's day. Wish we could share some cookies!
Post a Comment