"Hey Lucy- do you want me to read you a book?"
"That's ok Sam- I"ll help you."
"Sure Mom. I'll do my piano now."
"You want some help with that?"
Jack has been particularly pleasant this morning. Helpful, cheerful.
So, I mentioned it to him, just to let him know I noticed.
"Well, Mom, it's easier when I don't wake up grumpy."
I get that.
"And sometimes it helps if I conquer something early."
"Like what?"
"I was asleep with my face on the edge of my bed. Sammy was prying my eye open. I snapped my eye shut."
(I love picturing this scene.)
"Then he squeezed my nose and twisted it."
Somehow this isn't adding up in my mind to a good morning.
"So I suppressed my rage and got up anyway. See? I conquered something."
Alrighty then.
I'll say this, I am thankful for answered prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
such a cute story. I can see Sammy trying to open Jack's eyes and twisting his nose. It's awesome how Jack is growing up!
Insightful guy, Jack, and smart.
Post a Comment