Brian's had a growing interest in helping our family eat locally when possible. Goes right along with the Wendell Berry book, Bringing It To the Table, On Farming and Food, that I've been reading. (I'm trying to expand my reading horizons...)
So, a friend told us of a small farm just a mile or two from us. We visited last week- it ended up being a field trip, really. Learned a little about the chickens that will be our dinner as well as the eggs we'll be getting from them every Monday. I'm looking forward to eating just a little bit healthier and to having some new friends up the road.
One of us no longer wants to eat meat...
These guys were just plain cute.


2 comments:
I follow a lot of homesteading blogs and so it was no surprise when this popped up in my reader. Glad to hear it... soon you'll be a backyard chicken farmer, I can tell. :)
For a minute I thought you had gotten some chicks to raise! Smiled at the last comment ... I remember a similar situation with our kids. :-)
Post a Comment