Snacking counts for something!
So far, Friday has been busy, in a good, homey way.After chores this morning, we settled down to read. First we talked about James 1:19, our new memory verse. I think all of us (myself included) can use a reminder to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. Then we regrouped and read some more of Tom Sawyer. I have been excited to start this one- seems perfect for the beginning of summer. We're only a few chapters in but it's a good sign when someone asks "for just a little more."
Jack and Kayla worked on a little school work, which is not finished yet. We'll be getting to that soon.
Then we got outside to dig a flower bed. My mom is bringing me a few plants tomorrow and I'll add here and there. I'm really hoping for a start from a rose bush that started with my great-grandmother. My grandma and mom both have bushes that began from that one.
We have two more places to dig- one for strawberries and one just to expand the garden. All I can say is digging is hard work. It took longer than I'd like to admit! I did have good help, though.
Sometimes just being a little industrious outdoors is just what we all need.
Everyone was a little happier.
Dump trucks and dirt and little boys.
Perfect.
We need two photographers.
At least.
All the worms were the best part for Sam.
He's pretty sure all the worms in his box will "make friends today."


2 comments:
I hope your rose bush grows strong and blooms beautifully. Thanks for the book recs, I ordered two! I'll certainly enjoy them if no one else does!
cute pictures! snack time always counts =) I love the picture of sammy playing in the dirt!
Post a Comment