Sunday, May 27, 2012

This Evening

I've just come in from sitting on the deck.  I listened to the sounds of the evening and realized the birds and crickets have replaced the peepers.  I'll look forward to hearing them next spring.
I occasionally got a whiff of the petunias.  Seemed like by the time I recognized the sweet scent it was gone.  That's such a comforting smell to me- always reminds me of summers as a kid and of my mom, who planted them.  On the top of the list for tonight- I saw the first lightening bug of the summer (which I was watching for)!  It's an annual race for Brian and me- I usually win!  On the bottom of the list- I pulled a tick out of Kayla's hair tonight.  It's the third or fourth I've seen already.  Not looking forward to finding more of those little guys.
Oh well.
The calendar might still say spring, but it's summer now for us.

No comments: