Logically speaking, having seven kids around should be more work, not less. But for this afternoon, we've had some friends over. So, my kids have been occupied and I've been able to get things mostly picked up for home group tonight. It didn't hurt that the kids' mom brought me a caramel frappucino. What a friend.
Two quick stories:
On the way home from the library it started to pour the rain. I guess Lucy thought it got darker, too, because she said, "Hey! Somebody turned out the lights!" All the kids laughed.
Last night I over heard this:
Jack: "Yep. You're a big boy now."
Sam: "When I was four, I wasn't too big but now I'm five."
J: "That's pretty big. And you're pretty smart and pretty funny, and really fast."
S: "Yeah. I am."
I just liked hearing Jack affirm his brother. Sweet.
Kayla won a drawing at the library today. The prize: Beverly Cleary's Mouse and the Motorcycle.
Everyone was excited about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment