Wednesday, November 28, 2012

To Make You Laugh

Guess who.
"Mom, why do you take up a whole cushion on the couch?  Is it because the older you get, the wider you get?"
What else could I do but laugh??  That's Sammy for ya.

Last night, (as many nights before), Lucy couldn't/wouldn't get to sleep.  I went up to her room and she looked at me wide-eyed, jaw dropped as she held the lip gloss, her lips gooey and shiney.
In her quietest voice, "Am I not supposed to be putting on lipgloss?"
And again, what else to do?  I laughed and tucked her in.  Again.

Sam, again, after I told him (again) to leave his sister alone. 
"But MOM!  That's what brothers do.  Bug their sisters!"
I have figured that one out.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

ahh! too cute! thanks for the laugh :)

podso said...

Cute! And loved the L post below though I hadn't commented on the L part. Lucy sounds like such a sweetheart. My grandda. apparently also has the insomnia problem. I had it when I was a kid--but a bit older I think. Wonder why.