Monday, November 19, 2012

Catching Up

It has been a while!
Really, it has been busy and I haven't felt like blogging.
Today's the day, however.  We finished up CC until after Christmas last week and that feels like a huge weight off my shoulders.  Schoolwork is a little lighter this week with the holiday coming up and we're all ready for a nice break.
At this moment, the house is blissfully quiet.  We took a trip to the library just before lunch and now the kids are settled in with books on cd.  Doesn't that sound like a good way to spend the afternoon?  Kayla is listening to The Secret Garden and the boys are listening to The Best Christmas Pagaent Ever.  Lucy is asleep and I am in the big chair with steaming coffee and my newest read, The Hobbit.  (I'm ignoring the cries of a house that took but two days to get messy again.)
Some highlights of the past week:
*Last day of CC was Thursday.  Yay!
*Brian took the three oldest kids to the skating rink for 80s night.  They loved it.
*Brian brought home our quarter of a pig last week.  This is a new thing for us.  (Maybe an only thing, too).  Who knew we'd get so much ground pork???  We're getting creative with dinners and made Pork Apple Meatballs- not bad!
*Brian's aunt, cousin and her kids, and his parents came for dinner Saturday night.  Actually, his parents brought dinner, too.  That was a good time.
*Kayla and I have baked two apple pies in the past week.  She makes the crust while I peel and slice apples.  Yum.  Just yum.
*Sammy's prayer this morning:  "Help us be good to mama and nice to each other." 
 Our own sleeping beauty.  Her current method of stalling when it's time to sleep:  "I just need to give you one more kiss."  Could you say no to that?
Here I am with one of my favorite people- I am blessed to have a lot of those in my life.  
No, we did not call each other in the morning and yes, we were dressed just alike for church Sunday morning.

2 comments:

podso said...

I haven't tasted it but I hear the cranberry bread I made was delicious (your recipe). That's so funny for you and a friend to dress alike --that happens with my mom sometimes and with a friend. In fact we both dressed alike for the same event 20 years ago, and when it was repeated last month. Hysterical.

melissa said...

I've missed you! Glad your world is spinning so nicely. :) And, btw, the photo of you and your friend is so cute. Apparently, you both have great taste...