Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Afternoon

So, our Christmas tree came crashing down this morning.  Wasn't planning on dealing with that today!  And really, I haven't yet.  It's leaning against the wall now. 
We had a good Thanksgiving with Brian's family, did a little shopping, a lot of eating, and some visiting.  Saturday we went down to a local coffee shop and got family pictures done.  I tried to post some but I'm guessing they were too big and either didn't show up or took too long to load.  I just tried to put another picture on and Blogger tells me my picture quota is full.  !!!!  I'm really hoping to fix that- not sure what to do, though.
This morning (after the tree disaster) was a regular morning of school.  We started a Christmas book by Eleanor Estes, The Coat Hanger Christmas Tree as our new read aloud.  I think we're going to like it.  This afternoon will be laundry, picking up, and maybe getting into our recipe for homemade yogurt.
For now, I'll read a little of The Hobbit  while the kids either take a nap or have some quiet time.
Hope YOU have a good week!

2 comments:

podso said...

Oh! We had that happen once! Right over. What a mess. And once our tree dried out so bad we went and found one on Christmas Eve at a tree lot that said "Free." We undecorated and redecorated the new one. Best tree ever as it would not have been in our price range.

melissa said...

Yep, been there, done that. I remember cleaning one day and seeing a nail with a string attached to it next to our front door. We'd had to tie one to the wall, and I'd neglected to remove the nail, etc. afterward. :)