Friday, January 27, 2012

This Day

We have been deep into school today.
Immigration in the late 1800s/early 1900s
John Adams
U.S. geography
watercolors
lapbooking
reading
I do love the things we can learn together.
It is not always (really never) such a nice, neat package, though.  Somebody (or everybody, or me) is grumpy, maybe not as motivated as I'd like them to be, etc...  Even though it's been a mixed-bag today, I'd rather not let that set the tone for the rest of the day...it's only a little after 3!
I believe gratitude is one of the things God uses to change our perspective, and I have been reminded of this many times this week in different ways.  So, I made myself begin to think of what I can be thankful for in this day, for "this is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Here's a few:
*the Richard Scarry book Lucy got for Christmas.  Why?  Because I have read it to Sam and Lucy repeatedly this week and they love looking for Mr. Frumble and Lowly (which Lucy pronounces "Wowy") and they always laugh at the same things.
*blueberry pancakes that I made with pureed blueberries,which all the kids liked (more on this later)
*the green paint in Sammy's hair- it makes me smile
*a basketball game tonight
*those minutes to read this morning in quiet that I thought I had lost
*my husband's leadership
*the laundry detergent that makes the house smell good as it does it's job
*Kayla's enthusiasm over lapbooks
*how Lucy says "woodles" for noodles
*Jack's laugh
*Sammy's lego ship- he was pretty happy with himself
*the unsolicited apology from a child
*the reminder to practice thankfulness
I had to go back and add this.  Her hair was so crazy when she woke up!

No comments: