Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Few Things

1.  Down with stomach bugs.  It's slowly making its way around our family.
2.  I love Cranford.  Last night it made me cry.  Really cry.  Can't wait to watch it again.
3.  I had the craziest dream last night that I was in labor.  It's so vivid-it has stuck with me all day.  When I woke up my sides were hurting.  Maybe that's why I had that dream?
4.  I wish you could have been a fly on the wall at our house tonight.  You might have:

*seen this cute little thing in sunglassess after her bath
*heard Sammy say slowly, seriously, while shaking his head, "I have a bad feeling about daddy tonight."  (Daddy being the sick one today)
*heard me say, "Lucy!" after she got into the refrigerator again and helped herself to another clementine. She said to me, "It's o-tay Mom.  Really."   (I've heard that several times in the past few days.)
*seen Kayla take on bath time for Sam and Lucy.  She really wanted to be helpful.  And she was for a time, though not long after I got them settled in the bathroom, you would have-
*heard screaming and splashing and found a really wet bathroom
*after all of that, you would have seen Kayla holding Lucy in her lap and gently wiping water off her forehead.  Lucy doesn't know how good she's got it.

And now, to finish getting ready for tomorrow!

2 comments:

podso said...

Oh! And I hope you all feel better soon. Are you watching season two of DA?

Rebecca D. Martin said...

Dah! I didn't know #3 was possible!! Nightmare.

Your kids are so absolutely cute.

I miss seeing you guys. Hope the bug stops its rotation and you all get on the mend! I'll be praying for that.