Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Little Snow

Last night, looking through the windows into the darkness, everything seemed quiet and peaceful.  You couldn't tell then that there was just a skiff of snow covering the ground.  It didn't matter.
This morning, our world is still white.  The grass poking through is obvious now but it's still pretty.  The wind still blows and there are flurries in the air.
It's not helping my motivation to get in a full day of school.  Neither is the fact that the children, all but Lucy, have been down playing in the basement (nicely!!) for a good hour now.  Do I really want to interrupt that?
I think I will let Lucy keep on playing with her baby- singing to the doll and laying her in the cradle, talking to the baby, covering her with many blankets.  "Baby's happy, Mom."
Maybe I will tidy up around here for a bit then call the others up while things are still good down there.

From earlier this morning:  When Sammy looked out the window this morning, he said, "Mom!  Winter's finally here!"
Jack said, "I guess I'm gonna make some money today."
I think he's forgotten about that already.
Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

podso said...

Flexibility is the key to homeschooling, right? !!