Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Friday

My kitchen window looks over to my neighbor's driveway, which has had a storage pod in it for a week or so.  The truck to take the pod away just pulled up.  And I have to say it makes me a little sad.  Some sweet little girls are moving and my kids have enjoyed them so much.  Hoping for nice new friends soon.
Our whole day is a little off.  Kayla has a stomach bug- yuck.  I imagine germs crawling on everything I see.  She's a little pitiful and watching Sound of Music.
The boys are outside on this beautiful January day.  I really need to call Jack in so we get some sort of school work done today but I hate to take him away from the warmth.  Maybe a few more minutes.  Or maybe we'll just take Granny's advice and "get back on track Monday."

Favorite verse from this morning:
"You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound."
Psalm 4:7
It's not about our stuff or our circumstances, is it?
Lucy's prayer from this morning:
"Father God.  Thanks that I potty train."
Loved that.

2 comments:

podso said...

Wonderful verse, I vote for Monday, and hope the germies stay put and don't spread! As far as the date, need to look at my calendar and get back but I hope it works!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy's prayer made me laugh so hard! She just cracks me up.