Friday, December 16, 2011

Short and Sweet

Today has had its ups and downs, I guess like most days.  The downs are kind of getting to me but it's rest/nap time and all is quiet.  Things usually look up after this part of the day.  I found this Christmas book, Christmas in My Heart, A Timeless Treasury of Heartwarming Stories, and sat down with it for a few minutes.  The story that caught my eye is "A Day of Pleasant Bread."  Short and sweet.  Here's a couple quotes:

"As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.  And thus I drift along into the holidays- let them overtake me unexpectedly- waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: 'Why, this is Christmas Day!'  How this discovery makes one bound out of bed!"
and
"Do you know, the more I look into life, the more things it seems to me I can successfully lack- and continue to grow happier."

1 comment:

podso said...

Good quotes you picked to share. Amazing just coming upon that book.