Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Baking with Lucy

It is smelling delightful in here!
Today's mitten countdown activity:  baking christmas goodies.
Turns out Lucy is my only helper.  The other kids ditched the kitchen in favor of digging in the dirt on this really warm December day.
That's ok.  It's good for them to be outside and it's been good for Lucy and I to spend the morning together.
We've made some gooey oatmeal bars which are tasty but I don't think they are going to hold together.
Brownies just came out of the oven.
We just mixed up some sugar cookie dough and will bake those this afternoon.
I think a friend will come help us decorate the cookies then we'll put together some plates tonight and deliver the goodies!
I had friends in both Bridgewater and Charlotte that always did lots of Christmas baking and brought us plates of cookies.  I always looked forward to that day.  So many different treats.
I miss those girls more than their sweets, but the sweets were sooo good!

No comments: