Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Craftiness

Our backyard is home to this towering pine.  While I apparently missed the crafty gene from my mom, I still have thoughts of being able to make something pretty.  Something for the house.  This tree is my inspiration.  Kayla and I watched a couple of youtube videos on making your own pine roping.  Looks easy enough, we thought.  So we got some florist wire several weeks ago.  I got up the nerve to try a few things.
I love looking at this on my table.  Nothing fancy but really, a few sprigs and some fake berries are enough in themselves.  Jack says it's my masterpiece.
This might be my favorite.  It's the first thing I tried, just to get my feet wet.  I wasn't sure if it was really pretty or really tacky.  Brian's mom and dad voted for pretty.  I think I agree.
The best part was Kayla, Sam, and I trying this together.  Sammy helped clip more branches.  Then Kayla and I spread newspapers on the table.  We cut a long piece of wire to fit our stair rail then we started tying.  It's a little flimsy but we like it.  
Decking the halls is proving to be lots of fun this year!

No comments: