Normal routine, normal food (meaning not a steady diet of sweets!), normal sleep, etc...
I am one who likes to take down the Christmas decorations right after Christmas. Still need to do the tree but I think I've gotten the rest of it. I like how neat everything looks when it's been put back in its place. We also need to figure out what to do with all these new presents. We cleaned out last week but still, when the kids all get even just a couple of new things, it adds up.
Jack has been beside himself today- he got a fish tank for Christmas and set it up today. Tomorrow- the fish! He has read so much about them and is sooooo excited to finally have his own.
For dinner tonight, I tried something a little different. We still have a good bit of ham left over so I found a soup recipe then tweaked it. I really liked it!
Here's my version:
Ham and Vegetable Soup
4 cups of chicken broth
1 can of diced tomatoes
some barley
Boil those, along with some pepper and basil. (Adjust boil time to whatever the barley needs)
Add some chopped ham and veggies. The recipe I saw called for mixed frozen vegetables but I used some green beans, corn, and chopped carrots that I already had.
About 10 minutes before serving, add some noodles and cook until tender.
I made some corn muffins to go with it.
Yum!
It was a little salty so next time I'll either reduce the chicken broth or add a little water.


No comments:
Post a Comment