Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Forts and Flowers

Can you see Sammy peeking out of this fort?  It kept his and Lucy's attention for a while this morning and I was glad.  But, it didn't last too long and soon one of them (or both?) ended up unhappy and screaming and it was time to be done with the fort.
Part of the day, I have felt like hiding myself away in my own fort.  Not sure just where that would be but if I had one, I'm sure I would have spent some time there.
Other parts of the day were more like this.  Happy, cheery, peaceful.  Everyone working or playing.  Maybe even learning something!
The test for me is how will I remember the day (and every other).  Because really, each day is a mix.  Certainly never all bad but I think my tendency sometimes is to let myself be grumpy about the harder parts.
Training up children- well that's a job that deals with hearts and so it gets messy.
But, training up children- that's a blessing because they're a gift.
Right now, I think I'll go with the cheery parts of our day:
*We've been deep into books about the Civil War and the Underground Railroad.  We're all learning and enjoying it.
*We finished swim lessons today.  Yay!
*Tomorrow is the last day of CC until after Christmas.  Double YAY!
Breathing room maybe?  There's plenty coming up soon that could require a nice deep breath so I'll take it.
For now, I'll get some dinner in the oven.

1 comment:

podso said...

Such good thots here.