Thursday, November 24, 2011

Full

(Aunt Mary's picture)
Tammy, my cousin, could tell by his hands.  He was a carpenter.  His hands were his work.
I could tell by the way he is standing.
You can see sweet Wendy (Tammy's sister) on her first birthday.
You can't see our Papa's face as he stood behind her.
But we know it's him.
He passed away several years ago, before his great-grandchildren were born.  He has 10, almost 11 now.
Even though they don't know him, I like to think that they are richer because of him and all of their family that they never met.  Some of these young ones eat on tables Papa made, some of them put books on shelves he crafted.  They hear stories about him.  But mostly, they are richer because they have their own Papas.  Or Papaws as the case may be.  His sons.
Today I am thankful for all of my family.  Those who are here and those who have gone on.  My heart is full as I think of these faithful ones who loved me and helped make me who I am.  There are many.

No comments: