Today has been such a nice one. A little more in line with the way I would like each day to go.
A fairly calm start to the day always helps, and the house was in pretty good condition since we had tidied up for home group last night. I did rearrange a couple of things, by the way. I think I like it.
Lucy and Sam played with playdough for a good hour (!!!) so the older kids and I were able to whiz right through some school work. Then we went to the library and it's been quiet ever since.
On the way to the library, we were listening to the Christmas station. "Jingle Bell Rock" was playing. Sammy was looking out at this windy day and said, "Look, Mommy. Even the bushes and trees are dancing." Loved that!
Now I'm just waiting for a friend to pop over for a visit. Makes me think of this, from Storm in the Village."
"An afternoon call would be much more satisfying than cleaning the car."
Or anything else, for that matter!


1 comment:
I do love Miss Read...you must read her Christmas books this season as well. I'm partial to 'No Holly for Miss Quinn'. Very sweet. But not as sweet as your silly boy! :)
Post a Comment