Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Morning

The clouds this morning are the lightest shade of pink, so smooth.  They look like you could eat them.  It is still quiet in the house although my early bird (Sammy) is wide awake, barely able to wait until the hour changes to 7.  Waiting is tough business.
I just started Booker T. Washington's Up From Slavery.  It has been an enjoyable and eye-opening read.  Looking forward to tonight when I can get back into it.
(Just heard early bird #2.  "Get me out," she says.)
Last thing, then.  I tried this new recipe this weekend, oatmeal waffles.  I thought they were delicious and even somewhat healthy with a cup of oats mixed in.  I guess it's been a long while since I made waffles, it's usually pancakes.  When I said I was getting ready to mix up the waffles, Sammy said, "Mommy!  You keep calling pancakes the wrong name!"  Later when he actually had one in front of him, he slapped his forehead and said, "OH!  These things!"
A good day to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that Sammy! Too cute