Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WInter Reading

We've found some good "winter" books I thought I'd share.  I'm always up for a good book recommendation!

White Snow Bright Snow by Alvin Tresselt, illustrated by Roger Duvoisin A Caldecott winner
What I love best about this book is that it's old.  Seems like the older a book is, the better it is.  Not always, but often at least.  A cozy book.  Rich language.
Sneezy the Snowman  by Maureen Wright  Not old but funny.  Sammy likes this one.
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost, illustrated by Susan Jeffers  Beautiful pictures.  Makes you feel like you are there.
Owl Moon by Jane Yolen, illustrated by John Schoenherr  Another Caldecott winner  A calming, peaceful read.

One of my new favorites is The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.  An older chapter book.  A dear story about compassion and forgiveness.
And a new favorite picture book, Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox.  It's full of sweet babies.  What else would you need?

No comments: